The Telegram Open Network has definitely become the most talked about 2018 project of the year, not only on cryptocurrency market, but generally in the world. And, although now the hype has subsided a bit, hundreds of thousands of people around the world are still waiting for the launch of TON, and the question “Where to buy a gram?” still relevant in dedicated cryptocurrency forums.
The best cryptosholes online - read the new review and ask questions!
The first posts about TON and Gram
Information that the creator of the social network VKontakte and Telegram messenger Pavel Durov with his team is busy developing a cryptocurrency project on the basis of the messenger, 21 December 2017 of the year appeared on the network. About this “exaggerated” former employee Telegram Anton Rosenberg
8 in January published an article in Techcrunch with details about the project being created, and during January the Whitepaper and part of the technical documentation of the Telegram Open Network “leaked” into the network. Neither Durov, nor other developers publicly confirmed, but did not refute the accuracy of the information in these documents, which, apparently, were “draft copies”. But further information from Whitepaper was confirmed indirectly from other sources: competitors spoke about TON, investment blogs and those with whom the team Durova led negotiations.
And the project turned out to be extremely ambitious: in fact, TON is a dark one with full-fledged functionality of the usual “big” Internet: from remittances to analog torrents and video hosting.
What is the difference between TON and Gram?
Telegram Open Network is the name of the platform as a whole. Gram the “only” cryptocurrency of the project. Coinwhich will be used to make money transfers, reward validators (miners) and pay for TON services.
What is so special about TON?
In the case of full implementation of all the plans stated in Whitepaper, TON is fully capable of making a revolution. To verify this, just look at the list of services that should be part of the platform:
- Himself Telegram Messenger, which does not disappear anywhere
- Telegram Passport is a user identity verification system that guarantees the security of their personal data. Currently already running.
- A blockchain that provides fast, cheap and efficient transactions, supports smart contracts and additional side-lines for individual tasks.
- Payment system using this blockchain
- Own anonymizer and proxy, which is analogous to Tor.
- Decentralized file storage operating on the principle of torrents.
- Functionality for creating applications and sites within the TON network - from games and social networks to video hosting sites like Youtube
But it is not enough to declare the impudent project, it is necessary and to have an opportunity to realize it. And this is where the fun begins.
The Tandem of the Durov brothers has already shown that it can implement the most complex and ambitious tasks. It is foolish to argue with the fact that Pavel is a brilliant entrepreneur and PR man, and Nikolai is a no less brilliant programmer. And the team of developers assembled by them already proved that they can write code.
Add to this the reputation of a libertarian and a staunch fighter for the idea of digital freedom (which was largely helped by the unsuccessful attempts of the Russian authorities to block Telegram) and the ready audience for the future cryptocurrency - 200 of millions of Telegram users. That is a couple of dozen times more than the total number of users and cryptocurrency holders in the world.
Not surprisingly, Durov was able to convince investors to invest more than 1,7 billions of dollars in his project during the two closed rounds of the ICO. At that time, ICO Telegram was the largest in history. It was possible to bypass it only EOSbut there money was collected all over the world for a year.
So the developers of the “Pavel Durov cryptocurrency” have all the necessary human, intellectual, reputational and financial resources to complete the development, as well as a ready-made audience guaranteeing that the project will be in demand. For cryptorink combination unique.
Unfortunately, there is no officially confirmed Gram cost data. ICO was held behind closed doors, and the minimum investment was 20 million dollars, and investors were meticulously selected “in manual mode” - not all millionaires could invest their money. All available information is “plums” of insiders of varying degrees of reliability, which often contradict each other.
According to the data leaked to the network, during the ICO, investors bought Gram at $ 0,36- $ 1,33. Moreover, the conduct of transactions required significant additional costs, which are not accounted for here.
Analysts' forecasts regarding the value of the coin after the start of trading differ even more: you can find those who say that Gram will immediately fail and depreciate to zero, and those who predict insane thousands of dollars for a coin in the shortest possible time.Most weighted predictions: growth to $ 10- $ 15 for the first couple of days after the release of Gram on the stock exchanges, and then ... It’s pointless to build predictions - too many unpredictable or as yet unknown factors.
Where to buy Gram?
Nowhere. At least for the moment. The developers have not yet turned over the coins on the stock exchanges, investors are also unable to manage their coins either. Without exception, the “grams” traded on stock exchanges today are scam coins that have nothing to do with TON or Durov. Be carefull!
Prospects Gram on 2019 Year
Making predictions about the near future of this coin is extremely difficult and close to fortune telling on the coffee grounds.
- We do not know exactly when Gram will go public. Yes, optimists hope for March, but there is no official confirmation of this. Moreover, the release date is determined not only by the technical readiness of the project, but also by the course of negotiations with stock exchanges and regulators, as well as the situation on the crypto market as a whole: investors can oppose the release of the project during a general decline.
- We do not know which services will work from the very start of virtual money, and which will be connected “in the course of the play”. And the demand for coins and their price strongly depends on this. And we don’t know the number of “diamonds” that will be “thrown” to the market at the beginning.
- We do not know which markets will start trading Gram. Judging by the activity of the developers, the Japanese sites are most likely, but whether this will be the case is unknown. But investors 'and speculators' access to currency depends on it.
On the other hand, there is every reason to believe that the exit of coins and the start of trading can be the very impetus that will again raise interest in cryptocurrency and launch a new growth cycle. A crypto terminal needs a serious positive impulse and TON is the best candidate.